Feb 15, 2011
THE EVENT ISSUE...
For our 30th anniversary issue we're paying homage to all types of windsurfing events. Here are some of the events we cover in the issue:
- Pro Windsurfing Fantasy Pool... a contest to win your choice of 2011 board from Starboard—CLICK TO ENTER
- US Windsurfing Nationals in San Francisco
- King of the Hook lightwind freestyle contest in Hood River, OR
- PWA world windsurfing tour
- Rio Vista Dirty Water Classic... an unofficial spontaneous freestyle contest
- Lord of the Wind Showdown in Los Barriles, Baja
- Techno 293 racing at the Singapore Youth Olympic Games
- the upcoming American Windsurfing Tour
- Florida Wave Challenge
- Hatteras Wave Jam
- HIHO racing
- Cowes Week in the UK
On the Cover is a photo by Jerome Houyvet of Kauli Seadi
We're running the coolest contest with this issue... a full-blown Pro Windsurfing Fantasy Pool where you draft a team of PWA world tour riders. If your team ends the season on top then you'll win your choice of 2011 board from Starboard! CLICK HERE TO ENTER!
Tied in with our article is the 2011 Buyers' Guide with all the new gear available.
East Coast Waves
Bill Bell and Bruce Thomas tell us about these two awesome events that they've pioneered: the Hatteras Wave Jam and Florida Wave Challenge.
Margot vs. Margot
Margot Samson (the reporter) interviews Margot Samson (the athlete) in an entertaining account of traveling around the world to the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games to race in the Techno 293 fleet.
Crossing Paths at the Highland Springs HIHO
Hear different sides to the same great story as a captain, a champion, an organizer and a father tell us what is so special about the Highland Springs HIHO.